stress yes always stress
they probably have war and practice female infanticide which causes them to have to war to find women
sorry maybe im just confusing them with the yanimami indians?
i probably spelled that incorrectly but i do not give one fuck
im horrible i know but when i had to study them in anthropology oh so many years ago im an old broad in case you didnt know over forty i thought they were ridiculous especially when they got high and had green snot running out of their noses
so hate me if you will
join the club
Because not dying of curable diseases or hunger sucks so goddamn much, right? No, no, you’re right, let’s just ditch the culmination of tens of thousands of years of human advancement and live in the wild. I mean, it’s not like there are people who need to modern technology to live or anything, right? Teeth are overrated.
In all seriousness, the idea that crime, pollution, etc. exists entirely because our ancestors decided to form civilizations is idiotic. Whoever created that caption is a moron of an epic degree. Man-made pollution existed the when a caveman started the first fire to cook his meat. As for crime, are you just assuming that no men back then got into fights over mates? Or tribes didn’t war over territory and resources? Are you really that ignorant?
the correct word would be Yanomami, but those pictured above aren’t.
And yes, there is an entire side of (alleged) anthropologists that makes this argument, that ‘Less Sophistication’ is ‘Better’.
Then there’s the anarcho-primitives, who despite of their dislike of modern society and its trappings, use the internet to spread their message.
Why not go join the Amish. or the Mennonites.
Then join one of these tribes?
No Starbucks or a place to charge their iPhones. How do you expect them to Instagram?
potato batteries to charge the iPhones, and you can grow pick roast and grind your own!
They’ll come up with some other excuse. I mean, if they really wanted to live a primitive life, they wouldn’t be on the internet. :p
Hunter-gatherer groups have literally no war.
So what you’re saying is that in the entire history that each of these native tribes have existed, they have never fought each other? That would certainly be some interesting data and I look forward to seeing your findings published in the next anthropological magazine.
Okay, that was snarky, so here’s a scenario for you: Imagine for a moment that you are a member of a tribe of hunter-gatherers. You’re probably emaciated, if not starving from the irregularity of the food supply - after all, the men in the tribe have to track down and try to kill game while the women in the tribe try and gather enough berries and plants so the entire tribe doesn’t starve to death. Now imagine another tribe intruding on your tribe’s territory and killing the game that you need to survive. Now, what do you think is going to happen? No one is going to sit down for tea and find a non-violent solution.
Oh, and I hope you like traditional gender roles, because that’s what you’ll be getting in a hunter-gather world. You’ll likely be married off at thirteen and live a life where you’ll do nothing but gather food, have and raise babies, and pretty much have no rights whatsoever. Then, if another tribe attacks yours, you may get carried off or otherwise raped.
Oh yeah, hunter-gathering is the bee’s knees!
No stress about work, but stress about living.
No bombs, but arrows and rocks and crude weapons, oh yes.
No homeless, but that’s because your village all lives in a handful of huts or in a cave.
No crime or prisons, because all crimes are punishable by death or mutilation.
No junk food, barely any food period.
No external debt because it’s only what you can find to survive that keeps you going.
No pollution in terms of industrial waste or packaging, but you still have to go to the bathroom and urine can do tons of damage.
No poverty because it’s communism!
And some people call them primitive because they are.
- killedbyart likes this
- meera-edaiss reblogged this from ancestralvoidness
- stellamaria707 reblogged this from dandyy-lion
- glorizahlers reblogged this from cloud9-liife
- vaspva likes this
- blueocelot reblogged this from soulflower70
- blueocelot likes this
- cartoonphysics reblogged this from anarchyusa
- mylifebelike420 likes this
- tey-trite likes this
- kobysattva likes this
- wtfai likes this
- whateverthegoodlife likes this
- weshareoursky reblogged this from starsinhereyes
- davidfontani likes this
- skaterboytae reblogged this from social-conscience and added:
- andrespeckert reblogged this from morealiveastrally
- morealiveastrally reblogged this from starsinhereyes
- blesstheweather likes this
- starsinhereyes reblogged this from social-conscience
- starsinhereyes likes this
- inkstainedfeet reblogged this from social-conscience
- hijodeyemaya reblogged this from social-conscience
- hijodeyemaya likes this
- mastreacheval reblogged this from eternallyenchante
- satanssextoy likes this
- eternallyenchante reblogged this from awakeningthunder
- gallimaufry44 reblogged this from invisiblewarrior
- theirrelevantsoul likes this
- mellowmindfull likes this
- awakeningthunder reblogged this from child-of-the-universe
- sanguinespeaks likes this
- sound-of-selah likes this
- cindereffnella reblogged this from the-rose-captain
- bubblygranolachick likes this
- alanerate reblogged this from aheadtooheavy
- besos-pa-la-luna reblogged this from guajana
- taylormountain likes this
- anewmess likes this
- iancurtisandkittens likes this
- luciferhimself likes this
- invisiblewarrior reblogged this from embracethismoment-weareeternal
- marka-scope-dawn likes this
- wildhearts-never-get-broken reblogged this from guajana
- music-is-my-radar reblogged this from what-a-habit-when-i-need-it
- gablovunera likes this
- dear-my-lovely-death reblogged this from whoarethetrusted